Sunday, July 03, 2005

Lumpy the Daredevil

A recent post on one of my mice lists caught my eye...
...One of our mice "Lumpy" gets his wheel up to speed and just stops and rides the momentum for three or four more turns. He also uses his wheel to literally fling himself to whatever part of his enclosure that he wants to go, including to cling to the screen top of his enclosure or to the top of his water bottle.
I thought my goodness, what an amazing mouse!

Than another list member responded, saying...
I admit I have had mice flung off the wheels by larger or faster mice, but I've never seen a mouse deliberately fling himself off with the intent of landing in a particular spot. Lumpy sounds quite creative. The only mouse I've had that was that creative was Athena who invented a complicated race course using the wheel, shelter, ladder and screen on top of the tank. The idea was to spin the wheel as fast as she could and than run the course in full ending up back on the wheel before it stopped spinning. It took a little while to figure out what she was doing, but once I understood, it made perfect sense.
I must say mice never cease to amaze me. As someone recently said, Mice are wonders in a little package...

No comments: