Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Patriarch Passes

The day after we introduced Chaucer to his boys, he declined rapidly; we think it was a stroke. Christopher nursed him all yesterday, his healing hands worked magic massaging Chaucer's tired broken body, fed him Pediasure by dropper, and made sure he was warm and loved.

Last night he was put to bed, I checked on him around 2am and he was still with us. But this morning Chris came into the bedroom with Chaucer cradled in his arms, in a towel, "...He's gone."

Chaucer would have been 2 years old this coming January. He came from a line bred for longevity. Mother nature fooled us again.

R.I.P., beloved Patriarch.

5 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

"Who so loves believes the impossible."
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

You are in our thoughts

StacyG said...

ooohhh - we are very sad for your loss...

Jane said...

oh how heart breaking, but he got to meet his boys and he was a grand old boy and very dignified and we know you are missing him and we want you to have comfort foofs, purrs and nose bumps so you know we are all thinking of you and feeling sorrow too ~The FLuffy Tribe and 'beans

TFLS said...

Oh my heavens! I am so sorry. Such a wonderful rat. I'm sure his babies will turn out just as warm and lovely. My sympathies.

VLW said...

Oh no. He just met the babies and he was such a cutie. I am sorry for your loss.