Monday, June 19, 2006

Goodbye, Curly

"I'm so very tired," said Curly as I took her out of her cage and put her on some pieces of silk in preparation for her journey....

I had been ready to help her with her final journey last week and had even prepared this device. But she appeared to have been more comfortable the last few days that I did not want to take a chance at causing additional pain and misery for her or me. The last time we cuddled I simply reached in gently under her chin and she crawled up into my hand and rested her nose between my fingers. She was not twitching or have panic-like reactions as she had been having the previous days. This morning she was at peace, her head slightly curled inward between her paws with a small treasure of treats beneath her.

I finished Curly's shroud and put some more treats in with her before I took her to her siblings, mother and father.

5 comments:

VLW said...

Rest well little one.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Oh goodbye Curly. We hope you meet your family right away over the bridge. Go lightly into the mists our friend and be at peace. So sorry Trish

~Poiland Tribe & 'Beans

TFLS said...

Condolences, my dear. I was sorry to hear of Curly's passing. It's so hard to lose a treasured critter like that. My thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.

Rattie said...

So very sorry...May you enjoy lots of treats at Rainbow Bridge Curly.