Thursday, April 13, 2006

Boadicia

[A friend emailed me about her cat so I wish to share it here.]

Tonight at 9:30 pm I let my little cat go. After 17 very happy years with me I said goodbye. These last few months she has been struggling and this last week she was really miserable. I took her to the vet and they gave her the shot to put her to sleep, and she went to sleep in my arms then they gave her the shot to stop her heart and she went right away. She is now catching the birds she always dreamed of chasing. I wrapped her in her favorite towel and laid her to rest with her toys behind my garage. Even though she was miserable to everyone she ever met, she loved me very much and I loved her and will miss her. I thought I should let my friends know. Annie and just Angie

[As mean as she was I remember the first time I meet her. Not knowing that she was such a mean cat I picked her up and cuddled her. I remember her staring/glaring at me with something best described as disbelief and her owner looking surprised/terrified...]

No comments: