Saturday, February 12, 2005

Communion

Christopher and I are dreading the day that our first batch of little ones begin to leave us. We try to make each day and each moment special for them. Just last night I was watching Christopher hold Mabel (our only boy) in his right hand as he typed with his left hand on his laptop. I was behind them about 10 feet, and they were in mostly silouette with the light in front of them, but I could see these two friends communing - Christopher on the left looking at the computer screen, and Mabel on the right contentedly laying in Chris' palm with his head on his paws, looking towards Chris...

1 comment:

Trishymouse said...

We certainly hope not, at least not yet! No, what I meant is the inevitability of death - or as many animal lovers prefer to call it, passing over the rainbow bridge...