Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Little updates

Momma Isis rat has let me check in on her and the babies one time before letting me know I had to go away (the last time I checked her she gently nipped at me and pushed my hand away.) I found momma and babies under the bedding, not long after the birthing, and Isis was busy cleaning and moving them. Isis let me rearrange the bedding and do an initial count. Isis has moved the babies a couple of times and appears to have accepted them. I'll leave her and the babies alone for awhile before checking in on them later tonight.

5 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

Awww - congratulations!

Anarchivist said...

How many babies?

Trishymouse said...

First time Chris looked, it looked like 4, second time, like 3. He's not sure because now Mama ain't lettin' NOBODY near her babies while she's bonding...!

StacyG said...

What a good momma! I can't wait until you can post pics! Congratulations!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Isis is just like Phippa, gently nips to let you know not to get to close, and to look quickly and then leave. Mommy rats are so cute and babies are ADORABLE ~Jane

PS I love to watch them nurse, but usually Mom won't let you until they are older.